At Consolidated Medical Practices of Memphis (CMPM), we take your health and safety seriously. Please be assured that our healthcare providers and staff are taking all necessary precautions to help curb the spread of COVID-19 during the pandemic.
What to Expect When You Visit Your Doctor During the COVID Pandemic
When you visit one of our offices, please be advised there will be health and safety precautions in place to help protect our patients and staff alike. These precautions may include:
- Face masks. Patients, doctors, and staff are all required to wear appropriate face masks at all times within our offices. Your mask should cover your nose and mouth. Do not remove your mask unless instructed by your physician.
- Screening for symptoms. All office visitors will be screened for signs or symptoms of COVID-19. For example, you may have your temperature checked. You may also be asked to complete a checklist or sign a release about any symptoms you’ve experienced or potential exposures you may have had.
- Sanitizing hands and common areas. You may be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering our offices. Common areas will be regularly cleaned – and exam room tables and chairs will be disinfected between patient visits.
- Social distancing. Chairs in waiting rooms will be spread out, and a limited number of people will be allowed into any one room. In some cases, we may ask you to wait outside or in your vehicle until you are ready to be seen. Our providers will follow social distancing recommendations whenever appropriate.
- Companion restrictions. We ask that you come to your appointment alone, unless another person is necessary for mobility or other health reasons.
Call – Don’t Visit – If the Following Applies to You
If you are sick, think you may have COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, please call our office, and we will help reschedule any upcoming appointments you have for a more appropriate time.
In general, please plan to self-quarantine for an appropriate amount of time if you have:
- Experienced any COVID-19 signs or symptoms within the last 14 days, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Fatigue, muscle soreness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Traveled or taken public transportation in the past 14 days
Telehealth is an excellent alternative if you wish to consult your CMPM healthcare provider but cannot or do not wish to come in for an in-person visit. All CMPM providers offer telemedicine consults.
For the Latest COVID-19 Updates
Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 website for the latest information about the pandemic, and what you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 safety measures, call Consolidated Medical Practices of Memphis at (901) 261-0707.